Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Not Back to School for Me

School is officially back in session up here in New York today.  I can't help but feel a little sad. Every time I go into a store and see all the back to school signs and school supplies I think about my days as a teacher.  I am admittedly a school supplies fanatic!!  One of my favorite things about teaching was getting ready for a new school year.  Spending hours the weeks before school started planning out my classroom layout, organizing the room, making their daily folders and homework folders.  Oh man, I get giddy just thinking about it.  I recently ran into one of my students that I taught in Savannah here at the Target in New York!! He ran over to me and gave the biggest hug :)  I was able to catch up with his mom and he played with Ellie in the shopping cart.  He is going into the 3rd grade.  He kept saying how much he missed me and even commented that my hair was longer.  Haha, so funny!  It was so great to run into one of my students!!!

Teaching Kindergarten for 3 years was absolutely wonderful!!  Being a teacher is the MOST rewarding job (outside of being a mom).  Some people dread going to work in the mornings, but I loved going to work.  I got the privilege of not only teaching great kids, but our wonderful military children, who have to deal with so much.  Now that I am a mom, I made the decision to stop teaching so I could be home with my baby girl.  And I am so glad that I did because I wouldn't want to miss a thing!!

Here is a picture of my first class at field day.  What a great class they were!!!

This was my class the 2nd year at our Kindergarten classroom graduation.  They performed "God Bless America" singing and signing for their parents.  
I couldn't find a whole group shot from my 3rd year class.

I have such wonderful memories of each and every one of my students!  I loved each one so much!!  Those are memories that I will never forget and will be telling stories from my teaching days for years to come.  Who knows, maybe one day I will be in the classroom again.  For now I am going to enjoy being a mom!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment