Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11

Where were you? 
On Sept. 11, 2001 I was just a high school senior in my 2nd period art class when we first heard word of the attacks on the World Trade Center.  Shocked, scared, and very confused.  Our school didn't allow us to watch the TV or listen to the radio so it wasn't until I got home from school that I was able to hear and see what actually happened on that tragic day.  As that 17 year old girl I could have never imagined just how much of an impact that day would have on my life.

I really wanted to share this amazing blog post of a fellow army wife.  http://theonlygirlamongboys.blogspot.com/2011/09/ten-years.html?spref=fb

This morning my church held an entire morning service of Remembrance, Healing, and Hope.  It was a wonderful way for me to spend this morning in prayer, song, remembrance, and hope for the future.

We will never forget those who lost their lives on 9/11.  As well as those who have died since then serving our country and protecting our freedoms, and their loving families.

I am always praying and never forgetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment