I have really neglected my blog this past month and a half. We have been very busy with friends, playdates, family, and getting ready for Baby Erin to arrive. And life has been VERY busy since Erin arrived. This is my attempt to do a very brief update on the final weeks before we became a family of four.
![]() |
| Our Battalion Family Org Day. Pat and the other commanders took turns sitting in the Dunk Tank to raise money. He got dunked a LOT!! It was a fun day!! |
![]() |
| One Saturday we meet up with friends and enjoyed a very HOT day at the beach. Ellie and Natalie had fun playing in the sand and swimming in the surprisingly warm lake water. |
About 10 days before my due date Pat was a groomsmen in a wedding for one of his best friends from West Point. Since it was too far for me to travel Erin came up to stay with Ellie and I for a long weekend.
![]() |
| Ellie had a lot of fun playing with her Aunt!! |
As we were waiting for Baby Erin to make her appearance we spent many days at the playground!! I enjoyed going down slides, swinging on the swings, and attempting the monkey bars. Anything I could do to get things progressing.
At my 39 week appointment I was 3cm dialated and 70% effaced. My doctor seemed convinced things would really get going in the next few days. My parents made their way up to New York so that they could be here to take care of Ellie. Our sweet friends Meghan and Alex were also on standby to watch Ellie if I went into labor.
Well needless to say nothing happened for an entire week. But it was great having my parents up here to help us out. Ellie enjoyed her extra time with Cece and GPa.
![]() |
| Cece painted Ellie's toenails. Ellie brought some magazines to look at while she got her little pedicure :) |
![]() |
| GPa and Ellie had lots of playtime with the Legos. |
![]() |
| Probably Ellie's favorite thing was shucking the corn we bought at the Farmer's Market with Cece. She also helped snap the green beans. |
For many days to follow Ellie would infantically say "I shucked the corn!" and "I snapped the beans!"
![]() |
Pat and I celebrated with a date night of dinner and a movie before Baby #2.
|
I tried to stay busy the days leading up to Erin's birth. My parents were a huge help with getting some last minute projects done around the house. My mom helped me paint our front door, catch up on chores around the house, and most of all cooking meals for us. We also enjoyed playing our favorite card game Run Rummy almost every night after Ellie went to bed. Having my parents here also gave Pat and I plenty of time to go shopping for a new family car. No, not a van, but I needed something much bigger than my Honda to fit 2 babies ;)











No comments:
Post a Comment