Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Coming Home/Families Reunited

This week we are rejoicing because several of my friend's husbands are coming home from a year long deployment in Afghanistan.  Praise the Lord!!

I am so blessed to have such a wonderful group of friends here in New York.  Half of our husbands who are in the Aviation Brigade came home from deployment in October.  My other friend's whose husbands are in the Infantry unit and were on a different deployment schedule are coming home now!!

We helped each other get through long months and created a really good support system.  I am so thrilled and overwhelmed with joy that their families are finally reuniting.  I am so excited and overcome with emotion because the babies and kiddos get to see their Daddy's again!!!     

As their pictures are starting to pop up on facebook of the Welcome Home Ceremonies, every one of them brings tears to my eyes.  It's difficult for people outside of the military to truly understand the HUGE sacrifice these families make.  I have experienced and witnessed first hand the amazing strength of these women.  

Great job ladies!!  It's finally over and now you can breath and feel the worry and stress just being lifted off your shoulders. 
Your Brave Heroes Are Home!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Lauren! You are so sweet :) We are so lucky to have you as our friend!

    ReplyDelete