Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Our Vacation



CeCe is Here!!
My mom came to visit for a week before we left for a big trip. She was a huge help, as always. She helped me with several projects around the house and of course soaked up lots of time with Miss Ellie. Ellie loves her Cece!! During this visit we discovered one of Ellie's favorite things to do. She loves gnawing on my mom's face. It's seriously the funniest thing!! Ellie puts her hands on either side of her face and practically attack my mom's chin and cheeks. She does it to me every now and then but she would do this to my mom multiple times a day.

My mom was the first one to see Ellie roll completely over for the first time!! She had been getting so close for the past couple weeks and she finally conquered it when my mom was playing with her on the floor. CeCe was so excited!!


Ellie's First Airplane Ride

I am so thankful my mom was with me to make this first airplane ride with Ellie. I wish I could say we travelled light, but we didn't. My carry ons included my diaper bag, a backpack (with pump and cooler of breast milk), and Ellie in the Baby Bjorn. I checked her car seat, base, stroller, and 2 rolling suitcases. I wish someone could had gotten our picture as we were walking into the airport.


Ellie was absolutely amazing on the plane rides. We had a really short layover before our final flight to Jacksonville, FL. She got a lot of attention on both airplanes. She made friends with the flight attendant and one man told me after we landed "she was an angel." She slept on both flights pretty much from take off to landing.

I got to experience what it is like to pump in public. Twice I had to go into the airport bathrooms to pump. Got a few stares but generally all the ladies were very nice and sympathetic. Nursing moms will understand the difficulties that occur when travelling.

This baby loves white noise, so the airplane was perfect for her to sleep in. I wasn't the most comfortable but I was more concerned about her comfort ;)


Visiting Aunt Erin

My sister lives in Ponte Vebra Beach and Ellie and I were very excited to get down to her house for a visit. Erin had the whole house ready for us!! My dad drove down to join the family for a fun week together. They all were just happy to get to be spending quality time with their favorite granddaughter and niece. Ellie loved all the extra attention :)



My sister's dog Beasley was also a big fan of Ellie. She is definitely used to dogs and wasn't bothered at all by his many kisses.


Erin and Ellie playing in the mirror. Ellie had so much fun playing in the mirror with her aunt!!



Shopping Day
Our first day in Jacksonville we went on shopping!! My parents treated me to shopping for my birthday. Ellie seemed to enjoy sitting back in the dressing room watching me come out and model clothes :) I think I've got a good shopping buddy!! We went to lunch and meet up with my mom's dear friend Susan, who has been like a mom to me. She was so excited to finally get to meet Miss Ellie!

Ellie blew out her diaper at lunch and I forgot to bring an extra outfit so she had to hang out in her diaper and top until we could get to Baby Gap to get new bottoms.

Chilling out with CeCe, shades and all :)

Meeting Tia Susan for the first time!


Morning Coffee

Every morning my dad would take Ellie outside to sit with him on my sister's deck while he enjoyed his coffee. Ellie loved all the time outside!!


Beach Baby


Showing Ellie the ocean

Peek a Boo :)




Ellie loved the sand in her toes!


Taking a snooze, she was worn out!







Baby Cousins



My cousin Craig and his family were staying at family beach house for their spring break just about 2 hours south of Ponte Vedra. We drove down one day to meet them for lunch and see all the kiddos. They have 3 children, Wyatt 5, Chase almost 4, and Arden 4 months. We enjoyed getting to visit and get the 2 baby girls together.


Ellie was obsessed with Arden's dress :) She kept pulling at it!

Dining Out

We went out to eat one night at Clark's Fish Camp. A restaurant our family hadn't been to in more than 20 years. We used to frequent this place when we lived in Jacksonville when I was a toddler. It's located on the water and the thing I remember most about eating here is seeing all the alligators. The restaurant had changed quite a bit since last time we were there. We enjoyed some yummy fried pickles and great seafood!!




One morning we went out for breakfast. I had a tasty shrimp and crab omelet while Ellie enjoyed relaxing in her car seat with her feet on the table. This child loves being barefoot :)


I love her little toes!!



Lots of Love for Ellie!!

Sweet Kisses from CeCe and GPa

Group Shots




Final Stop

We made our last stop in Peachtree City to spend the night with Pat's family before flying back home the next day. Ellie loved getting to spend sometime with her Aunt Meghan, Nana Rose, and Pop. She is so blessed to have so many people that love and adore her!! She is definitely getting spoiled being the only grandbaby on both sides of the family.

That mustache tickles :)


{Ellie was such an awesome traveller!! She and I made the flight back home solo. A very big accomplishment. I was quite proud of ourselves. I found some very nice airport workers to help me get all my bags from baggage claim and put them into my car. That was a huge help!!

We had so many fun being with my family and spending some time with Pat's family.

I am already looking forward to another trip back down south!!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment