Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Be Careful!!

To all my mommy friends out there, be so very careful walking downstairs with your little ones!!

Ellie and I were leaving the house yesterday to go run some errands. I was walking downstairs to go to the garage and slipped down the stairs and twisted my ankle. At first I was really afraid that I may have broken my ankle it hurt so bad. Thankfully Ellie was in her carseat so I was able to put put her down somewhat gently. I was more worried about her than myself.

I had my cell phone right in my pocket and immediately started making phone calls. Shout out to my friend RaeAnn for coming to my rescue and taking me to the ER to get everything checked out. And also a thank you to my FRG ladies for checking in on me and for offering your help.

Ellie was amazing at the hospital. She just hung out with me and was extremely well behaved. All the nurses kept coming in gushing over her :)
Thankfully it was just a twisted ankle. My ankle is wrapped up and I am trying to rest, ice, and elevate. I am glad that Ellie is young and not where I am have to be chasing her around the house.

So moms please be careful on those stairs!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, Lauren...glad to hear that you're okay! It is scary. I slipped and fell down the stairs this summer with Claudio in my arms. It was very scary. You do everything to protect the little one and always end up hurting yourself. He was crying out of fear, but perfectly fine. Then Sara did the same thing with Claudio in her arms a month or two ago and twisted her ankle. Be careful! We all love you.
    ~Lori
    ps...I can't wait to meet Ellie!!!

    ReplyDelete