Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, August 13, 2010

A Great Read

As expectant moms and dads, you are constantly flooded with advice whether you want it or not. I personally am open to any advice about pregnancy, labor, preparing for a baby, feeding, etc that people can give me. Everyone's experiences will be different and you have to find what works best for you and your baby. :)
I was given a great book from my sister who friend's highly recommended and I wanted to pass it on to anyone else who is expecting.

It's called "Baby Wise: Giving your infant the gift of nightime sleep." It's got everything from breastfeeding, bottlefeeding, methods of burping, how to establish healthy sleep patterns, and healthy baby growth charts. I personally like how the book begins with a focus on the family and a strong marriage foundation.

The Babywise Parent Directed Feeding concept has enough structure to bring security and order to your baby's world yet enough flexibility to give you the freedom to respond to any need at any time. It teaches parent's how to lovingly guide their baby's day.

I have found this book to be extremely informative and enjoyable. I read a little bit everynight before bed. Check it out!!





1 comment:

  1. Treat this book like your BIBLE!!! I followed it to a T and Ann Reese was sleeping through the night at 6 1/2 weeks and has always been on a very predictable schedule. There are not times when she's crying and I'm wondering what's wrong with her. Since she's on such a good schedule (because of the book), I know exactly what she needs and what times! Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete